Bushnell-Prairie City Board of Education
At their regular meeting in February the Board of Education discussed books in classrooms and how those books are selected. The Board took the following action:
- Accepted the resignations of Brandy Allaman and Nathan Harrison.
- Approve the change in status of Carrie Scarbrough from 3rd grade to 1st grade; Carol Jones from Art to Math Interventionist; Emily Jackson from ELA/Science to 5th grade; Tiffany Churchill from 1st grade to 2nd grade; Melissa Gray from 5th grade to 3rd grade; and Alicia Peterson from 4th grade to 5th grade.
- Approved the hiring of Britney Corbin as a 1:1 paraprofessional; Andrea Ferguson at the JH Scholastic Bowl Sponsor; Elizabeth Treadway for Elementary Art; and Brayden Davis for 1st grade.
- Increased the daily per diem rate for substitute teachers from $100 to $115 per day.
- Limited the salary of full-time substitutes to $38,000 per year.
Approved Intro to Business, Business Communication, Business Principles and Management, and Keyboarding as new classes at B-PC High School for the 2023-2024 school year. These courses will be taught by Ms. Duchow.
Board Member Vacancy
Appointed Alan Thompson to fill the vacancy created by Devin Kozicki's resignation.