Applicants for the Bushnell-Prairie City Board of Education must meet the following list of qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the appointment.
- Reside within Bushnell-Prairie City Township 7N Range 1W.
- Be a registered voter.
- Not be a child sex offender.
- Not hold another incompatible public office.
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District.
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment.
In addition to these required qualifications, applicants should be able to fulfill responsibilities discussed in Bushnell-Prairie City School Board Policy 2:20 Powers and Duties of the School Board; Indemnification.
Interested applicants should provide a letter of interest and qualifications to Sonja Settles, Assistant to the Superintendent, 845 North Walnut, Bushnell, IL 61422 no later than Friday, July 31, 2020 to be considered for appointment by the Bushnell-Prairie City Board of Education. Once the application window has closed, interviews will be scheduled and appointment to the Board anticipated at the Regular Meeting of the Bushnell-Prairie City Board of Education Meeting on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 6:00 pm in the Bushnell-Prairie City High School Library.
Interested applicants are encouraged to read Qualifications & Characteristics of a School Board Member, published by the Illinois Association of School Boards. Additional inquiries can be made to Sonja Settles in the District Office at (309) 772-9461 or via email at email@example.com to request additional information.